Brunch is that fantastic weekend treat that combines breakfast and lunch, often with cocktails. Best served with a group of friends.
1. The Painted Burro - Davis Square. If you agree that all meals should come with a side of guacamole this is your place. I love this restaurant, from its chips and salsa to their perfectly crafted brunch cocktail list.
2. Ball Square Cafe - Ball Square. This hot spot is a neighborhood favorite. The menu has something for everyone. Try not to be discouraged by the wait - it's worth it.
3. Trina's Starlite Lounge - Union Square. This lounge puts on a spectacular brunch. In addition, Trina's also serves brunch on Mondays for fellow industry types. Don't miss the daily pop-tart.
4. Highland Kitchen - Central Hill. So many options, and everything is so good. Highland is a great spot to meet your friends, take in the live music, and enjoy your lazy Sunday.
5. 3 Little Figs - Central Hill. This casual cafe has a delicious selections of breakfast and lunch options, not to mention toast five ways.
There's a lot to like - and learn - about Somerville, MA