The city of Somerville and its residents are all about outdoor recreation. Pet owners can also take pride in the many green spaces in the city have been devoted to man's best-friend. These parks are a great way to get outside, let your dog socialize, run, and play. Here are some of the off-leash dog parks and dog friendly areas in Somerville.
1. Zero New Washington Street Dog Park - East Somerville. This park is a short distance from busy Washington Street. It's a quiet area with plenty of parking that has all kinds of space for dogs to run and spread out.
2. Nunziato Field Dog Park - Union Square. This dog park is in a charming area with a beautiful field right next to it. It is perfect for residents that don't have their own outdoor space, but like getting outside.
3. Perry Park - Union Square. Perry Park was built on the site of the old Perry School. Now the area is a favorite of families and pet owners. There isn't a fenced dog area, but the park is very dog friendly.
4. Somerville Community Path - Davis Square through Magoun Square. The path is one of Somerville's best features. It is a 2.2 mile mixed use path that is pet friendly. Many cyclists, runners, families, and dog owners take full advantage of the the path daily.
5. Ed Leathers Community Dog Park - Winter Hill. This dog area is small but if your dog enjoys playing with other dogs it does the trick. The park's grassy area is also dog friendly.