Find your way back to this post at any time via DiscoverNeighborhoodNine.com.
Neighborhood Nine is a moderate-density residential neighborhood with around 12,000 residents. Harvard Square and Porter Square, both major commercial and transit centers, lie at the two corners of the neighborhood. Massachusetts Avenue, which connects the two squares, is one of the neighborhood’s main commercial areas. The Fresh Pond Shopping Center provides a regional commercial area to the west and features a large Whole Foods Market. A smaller commercial strip exists along Concord Avenue. Harvard University is a presence in the neighborhood, with both academic and student housing facilities. Danehy Park, a 50-acre athletics and recreational facility built on the site of the former city landfill, is also located in Neighborhood Nine (from city of Cambridge website).
CLICK HERE to view my online FLIP magazine about Neighborhood Nine.
Within Neighborhood Nine is Avon Hill. Avon Hill is broadly defined by Upland Road to the west, Linnaean Street to the east, Massachusetts Avenue to the north and Raymond Street to the South.
CLICK HERE TO OPEN MY ONLINE MAGAZINE ABOUT AVON HILL.
Also within Neighborhood Nine is Porter Square. Porter Square is an active hub for Cambridge life. The Red Line and commuter rail line both have stops at Porter Station, and the Porter Square Shopping Center is located in Porter Square. Also, the Cambridge-Somerville city line is on the edge of Porter Square.
CLICK HERE TO OPEN MY ONLINE MAGAZINE ABOUT PORTER SQUARE.
Below is a map of Neighborhood Nine. You can also VIEW MAP of Neighborhood Nine on Google Maps.
Neighborhood Nine is appealing for many different reasons, including the following:
• Easy access to the Red Line subway and commuter rail station at Porter Square.
• Many pleasant residential streets and well-maintained city parks.
• Eclectic mix of shops and services along Massachusetts Avenue, defining the Eastern boundary of the neighborhood.
Neighborhood Nine Parks
• Raymond Park - Quintessential neighborhood park
• Cambridge Common - 16-acre park on edge of Harvard Square.
• Danehy Park - 50-acre recreational facility built on the site of the former city landfill.
Neighborhood Nine restaurants
• Shepard - In the space formerly occupied by Chez Henri. On Shepard Street.
• Giula - Italian restaurant.
• Temple Bar - Neighborhood bistro serving modern American cuisine.
• Changsho - Chinese restaurant. One of the first in Cambridge.
• Simon's Coffee Shop - Classic neighborhood coffee shop.
Neighborhood Nine real estateI am very familiar with Neighborhood NIne real estate, having successfully assisted many buyers and sellers in Neighborhood Nine over the last several decades. Contact me today for assistance.
CLICK HERE to see properties now listed for sale in Neighborhood Nine.